Chair Dancing Cutie - Emotionally Unavailable Radar
Good morning! Or night. Or afternoon. Good day! You might have noticed that I'm not your usual Lavender Lady. My penname is Chair Dancing Cutie, and I will be posting periodically as a guest blogger on Unlucky in Love. So without further ado, let's talk...
High school relationships rarely work out. I knew that when I began entertaining the idea of starting one. But, as my last year closed in and prom and my last summer before university was approaching, I threw caution to the wind. Two months later and I thoroughly regretted my decision. Being ghosted is not fun.
Is it cliche to say that this epic disaster influenced my next relationship? Probably. Is it truthful? 100%.
Needless to say, my next, and first real, relationship was rocky. Neither of us had been in a healthy one before, and it was like the blind leading the blind. Honestly, we weren't compatible... in any part of the relationship. And yet, it continued for almost a year. I probably should've just let it end when I tried to tell him those three little words and his response was "I'm having doubts about us," but I'll be the first to admit I was acting like a fool.
Fast forward a few months, and I'm single, coping slightly better than before, and talking to a friend that had almost become a 'more than friend' a year beforehand. If you're really good at timelines, yes this did happen during the almost year relationship. Not proud of myself for that one. But moving on!
For the sake of anonymity, let's call him Boy Off Limits. Why? Because he had a girlfriend. Did I know this? Yes. But nothing was happening except talking. Right?
Wrong! It took him one night of drinking to accidentally tell me he loved me. Looking back, I don't believe one word he said that night. But at that moment, I felt kind of elated (also kind of freaked out because he blurted it out of nowhere but let's focus on the elated part). I know that it's not healthy to validate yourself with the attention of boys, but then again, I'm not a very healthy person.
But if you're smarter than a fifth grader, you can probably guess that didn't go anywhere.
So let's take a second to look back on everything I've just told you. Ignored by High School Ghost (he was in love with his best friend as I found out later), dumped by Doubtful Lover (would you believe he was also in love with one of his close friends), and then manipulated by Boy Off Limits (although he did have a girlfriend, so what was I expecting). Can you see the pattern?
It's like I have a radar that beeps whenever a cute, but emotionally unavailable boy is near me. And instead of ignoring that radar, I use it to find the next boy I fall head over heels for.
You would think Strike Three, and I'm out, but my Emotionally Unavailable Radar has not let me down yet. Number Four, however, is a story for another time...
Peace and love,
CDC
High school relationships rarely work out. I knew that when I began entertaining the idea of starting one. But, as my last year closed in and prom and my last summer before university was approaching, I threw caution to the wind. Two months later and I thoroughly regretted my decision. Being ghosted is not fun.
Is it cliche to say that this epic disaster influenced my next relationship? Probably. Is it truthful? 100%.
Needless to say, my next, and first real, relationship was rocky. Neither of us had been in a healthy one before, and it was like the blind leading the blind. Honestly, we weren't compatible... in any part of the relationship. And yet, it continued for almost a year. I probably should've just let it end when I tried to tell him those three little words and his response was "I'm having doubts about us," but I'll be the first to admit I was acting like a fool.
Fast forward a few months, and I'm single, coping slightly better than before, and talking to a friend that had almost become a 'more than friend' a year beforehand. If you're really good at timelines, yes this did happen during the almost year relationship. Not proud of myself for that one. But moving on!
For the sake of anonymity, let's call him Boy Off Limits. Why? Because he had a girlfriend. Did I know this? Yes. But nothing was happening except talking. Right?
Wrong! It took him one night of drinking to accidentally tell me he loved me. Looking back, I don't believe one word he said that night. But at that moment, I felt kind of elated (also kind of freaked out because he blurted it out of nowhere but let's focus on the elated part). I know that it's not healthy to validate yourself with the attention of boys, but then again, I'm not a very healthy person.
But if you're smarter than a fifth grader, you can probably guess that didn't go anywhere.
So let's take a second to look back on everything I've just told you. Ignored by High School Ghost (he was in love with his best friend as I found out later), dumped by Doubtful Lover (would you believe he was also in love with one of his close friends), and then manipulated by Boy Off Limits (although he did have a girlfriend, so what was I expecting). Can you see the pattern?
It's like I have a radar that beeps whenever a cute, but emotionally unavailable boy is near me. And instead of ignoring that radar, I use it to find the next boy I fall head over heels for.
You would think Strike Three, and I'm out, but my Emotionally Unavailable Radar has not let me down yet. Number Four, however, is a story for another time...
Peace and love,
CDC
Comments
Post a Comment