*Snip Snip Snip* Gone.

I've always wondered if my ability to instantly detach from people and things emotionally makes me a psychopath. I've gone through some pretty shitty mental health periods in the last 5 years which resulted in me cutting a lot of people out of my life for no good reason. Yet, now mental health things are in the clear (happy pills are working!), but I still find myself easily detaching.

I first noticed this ability with my first ex. I thought it made sense though because we were long-ish distance and he didn't visit me very often. Once we broke up, I didn't feel a need to talk to him at all... it was just *snip snip snip* gone. I remember talking about my weird abilities with the next guy and him saying something along the lines of, "oh okay, I hope that doesn't happen to me...". Well. Uh. Apparently that's just what I do.

I've been trying to figure out if this makes me an asshole or if I'm processing the breakup or loss in a different way. From what I can tell though, I just move on really fucking quickly. This has become extremely apparent with my ability to ghost on Tinder dates. If I'm not super interested in a guy after the first date and hookup, I'll just never text him back. Why am I like this? Like, I don't even care. It's funny that when I do care about someone, I ENDLESSLY care about them, but as soon as that switch flicks off, it's off for good. That's not to say that if I saw them in person, I'd be a complete asshole and ignore them - I'm actually pretty friendly with all the old flames. Maybe I'm really selfish and just want to do what makes me happy all the time, but also really nice because I don't string guys along once I'm done with them. Selfish and nice. I think I can come to terms with that.

To all those waiting on my updates to be more recent - I apologize, but for every blog post I write, there's another two stories to tell. For those interested, I had a wonderful Friday night and hope to have Mr. Magic stick around for a little longer... (I don't actually want to snip this guy out just yet!)

Stay tuned for more on Mr. Magic, and the last month of my love life. I'll get caught up one day, I promise.

xx
The Lavender Lady

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

The Impulse Decision: Small Town Boy